MESTI KLIK DENGAN WORLD SPORTS ZONE!!!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

SUPER DAN THE LEGEND


CHINA’s Lin Dan took of his shirt to reveal his rippling musles before running around the court in sheer joy.
After lying low throughout this week, he was in the mood for celebration - especially after beating world number one Lee Chong Wei 20-22, 21-14, 23-21 in remarkable fashion.
The sensational come-from-behind win – especially after trailing 12-16 and 18-20 in the decider – saw Lin Dan winning his fourth world title, a first by a player in the world series. It was his 17th win over Chong Wei over 24 matches since they first crossed swords in 2004. It was also Lin Dan’s second win over Chong Wei this year after the victory at the US$1.2 mil South Korea Open final in Seoul.
And when asked about his victory, Lin Dan said that he wanted to quickly end the game because he did not have much time to go sight-seeing in London and had wanted to buy gifts for his wife Xie Xingfang.
The greatest: China’s Lin Dan celebrating after defeating Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei in the men’s singles final yesterday.
“The match was going too long and I wanted to just win it. Fortunately, I did not make as many mistakes as Chong Wei did towards the end,” said Lin Dan.
“This is my first visit to London and I have not had time to do some sight seeing. I want to buy clothes for my wife,” he said in a packed press conference, which drew laughter.
When asked about the way he celebrated the win yesterday, he said: “Yes, I was a bit emotional. Chong Wei played well and I have to work hard to get back into the game after the first game defeat.”
“I am glad that we (Chong Wei and I) were able to give the fans a great badminton show. I saw a lot of quality matches from men’s singles players in this world meet.
“I am a badminton ambassador and it is my responsibility to maintain the interest of the the badminton fans,” said the 28-year-old Lin Dan. When asked about his Olympic Games preparation, he said: “This win here has put me in the right track for my Olympic Games preparations for next year at the same venue. I am happy and pleased with everything that has taken place here,” he added.
source :THESTAR

No comments:

Post a Comment